Susan Cassidy trained at EICH Bristol (Essex Institute of Clinical Hypnosis). She is a member of the National Council for Hypnotherapy.
Stress & Anxiety
Fears & Phobias
Smoking & Habits
Confidence & Motivation
There are plenty of reasons why an individual can become overweight.
changing your eating to change your shape!
BUT by far the most common cause of weight gain is the individualís attitude to food, and this is not just a matter of choice, itís also a matter of conditioning laid down in the subconscious mind very early in life.
- They may be taking steroids which have the side effect of significant weight gain.
- They could have a hypo-thyroid condition causing their metabolic rate to slow down significantly and cause weight gain.
- Other medications can also cause weight gain.
Itís small wonder, given these facts, that many people find it very difficult to lose
weight. There are hundreds of diets, regimes, plans, food substitutes, but these are
just tools for the physiological side of weight loss. The attitude of your mind towards
food and eating is the most important means of losing weight, and thatís where
HYPNOTHERAPY comes in.
- Food is what keeps us alive.
- Our parents wanted us to flourish and so encouraged us to finish everything on our plate from babyhood.
- The medical profession and the media tell us that good nutrition is crucial to our survival.
- The media also bombards us with enticing images of food and drink.
- Sweet things were given as rewards in childhood and rewards are probably the most powerful form of conditioning.
- Food is fundamental to our survival, the first thing we do when we are born is search for it.
Within hypnosis the subconscious mind can be accessed and fresh perspectives achieved on
how you eat, when you eat, what you eat, and why. Itís not such a difficult task once
your subconscious mind has a better understanding of the role of food. The subconscious
mind needs to have old behaviour patterns from childhood updated so that food is not used
as a source of comfort at times of stress, and it will accept this under hypnosis so that
the task of losing your weight and gaining the shape you want will be so much easier.
You can gain control over your eating habits and watch your shape change to a more