Susan Cassidy trained at EICH Bristol (Essex Institute of Clinical Hypnosis). She is a member of the National Council for Hypnotherapy.
Stress & Anxiety
Fears & Phobias
Smoking & Habits
Confidence & Motivation
Stress... what is stress?
It’s an overload of stimuli on mind or body. We can all recognise it in our competitive society,
and generally we can deal with it. But when stress gets out of hand we lose intellectual control
and begin to display symptoms of ANXIETY, depression or anger.
Are any of these symptoms familiar ?
These are all common symptoms of ANXIETY.
- Getting irritable ?
- Can’t concentrate on anything ?
- Can't get a proper night’s sleep ?
- Smoking or drinking to excess ?
- Suffering panic attacks ?
- Stiff neck and shoulders leading to migraine ?
- Worrying constantly about what might happen tomorrow ?
- Flushing and excess sweating ?
- Symptoms of irritable bowel ?
- Frequent sore throats/colds ?
We can cope with a little daily stress but when the events in our lives cause an overload our subconscious mind
prompts our bodies go back to primitive responses and this is when the problems begin.
Constant anxiety causes our subconscious mind to go into the ‘Fight or Flight’ mode – a primitive ‘opt out’
response. Adrenaline is continually pumped around the body which speeds up respiratory rate, which in turn
speeds up our heartbeat, and generally puts us in HYPER mode, causing the symptoms listed above. Left untreated,
these symptoms can only increase in severity and lead to problems at work, in our relationships, marriage and socially.
HOW CAN HYPNOTHERAPY GET YOU BACK ON TRACK ?
THIS IS WHAT HYPNOTHERAPY IS ALL ABOUT
Helping you to gain control, change perspective and make life the way you want it to be.
Before you can be ‘yourself’ again you need to understand why anxiety has come about for you and a little about
how the mind works. After that it’s so much easier for you to regain control and make sense of the situation.
- The next step is to reduce high levels of anxiety by bringing about deep relaxation and for you to learn how to
maintain this on a daily basis.
- You may also need help to change your perspective on certain aspects of life and of your responses to them.
- Then we can assist you to make the permanent changes you want to make by getting rid of inappropriate response
patterns that are causing your anxiety.